27
Comments (17)
sorted by:
5
feraxil 5 points ago +5 / -0

TLDR : Learn something about how our tech works, THEN ask for information.

4
CoolAsACucumber 4 points ago +4 / -0

California government demands all the information of Signal users.

Signal responds they don't have jack shit except for the date a user joined Signal and the last time they were on Signal because everything else is end-to-end encrypted.

4
VikingHalo45 4 points ago +4 / -0

Zuckerberg and other leftists use Signal too.

2
deleted 2 points ago +3 / -1
1
tentonbudgie 1 point ago +1 / -0

If you register with Signal and d/l their app, subsequently pull the SIM card out of that phone, does Signal still work?

1
Jackyboi123 1 point ago +1 / -0

Based

0
deleted 0 points ago +4 / -4
1
1A2A 1 point ago +1 / -0

Use what instead?

1
Jemmy 1 point ago +1 / -0

I'd recommend cyph

0
deleted 0 points ago +3 / -3
2
1A2A 2 points ago +2 / -0

How do we know signal is comprised? Just because commies defend it doesn’t mean it’s bad, they want their conversations to be private as well.

-1
deleted -1 points ago +1 / -2
2
ItsOkayToBeWight 2 points ago +3 / -1

I need something my mother can understand. If she won't use it, there's no chance I'll be able to convince my entire circle of friends to switch.

1
perception 1 point ago +1 / -0

Session started off as a fork of Signal, but it's a bit more secure now. If your mother can use Signal, she should be able to use Session as well.

getsession.org

-1
deleted -1 points ago +1 / -2
4
ItsOkayToBeWight 4 points ago +5 / -1

That's not the point. Firstly, getting people to install and learn more shit is hard. If it's easy enough for my mom to do it then maybe I can convince 80% of my friends to make the swap and the other 20% can be shamed into it.

Secondly, if you ONLY use a communication platform for discussing shady shit, then meta data alone will make it trivial to sniff out wrongdoing.

-3
deleted -3 points ago +1 / -4