posted ago by BadHombre420 ago by BadHombre420 +19 / -0

I want to turn an old guitar case into a gun case. Anyone have recommendations on where to buy quality foam for this? I’ve found a few places just through searching online, but figured I’d see if anyone here has experience with this. Thanks!

Comments (9)
sorted by:
Arkansas_Patriot 5 points ago +5 / -0

I build gun cases in my small business and I always go with kaizen foam. You can get it from fast cap.

BLM_ANTIFA_TERRORIST 1 point ago +1 / -0

hey buddy I need a custom holster, I've contacted 12+ "custom holsters" businesses (googled) and none of them will make a "custom holster" (false advertising mofos)

Thirsty_Liberty_Tree 3 points ago +3 / -0

The boys and I used quality carpet cushion/padding. Been working perfectly for us for over a decade now. Available at most big box hardware stores and any carpet store. Pay the extra for the good stuff. It will last exponentially longer and little pieces are less apt to wear off with rough handling.

King6of6the6retards 2 points ago +2 / -0


You just reminded me of this old rancher, GOD bless his soul, I used to know. The gun rack in his feed truck was a couple plywood "troughs" lined with pad and heavy shag carpet. Went from the trans tunnel up to the arm rest.

Lever .22 and a pump 12 were always at hand, and they'd get brushed off every time they came out or went back.

Thirsty_Liberty_Tree 2 points ago +2 / -0

Good setup.

HangFauci 2 points ago +3 / -1

Foam is a commodity. It's more about picking the type you want than caring who sold it.

Closed cell (like expanded polyethylene) will last longer and can be machined. Open cell (like polyurethane egg crate foam) is softer so you don't need to make openings.

ThomasMaker 2 points ago +2 / -0

Lots of places that sell foam exercise mats and ditto for camping(like what you put under a sleeping bag when sleeping on the ground/in a tent), that is usually of good quality/density and can be gotten fairly cheaply from places like HF/dollarstore etc. etc., and it can usually be glued/layered into something thicker with contact adhesive.

TeaMug71 1 point ago +1 / -0

Maybe memory foam or an egg crate mattress topper

rentfREEEE_since2016 1 point ago +1 / -0

Home Depot has it at some locations.